Saturday, February 2, 2013

Morning Exercise


 The Vietnamese certainly know how to get their days started off on the right foot. Like so many Asian cultures, the practice of rising early and exercising in parks and plazas is a tradition going strong in Vietnam. Up before the sun, the open spaces would fill with people playing everything from badminton to soccer, and practicing the likes of Tai Chi, ballroom dancing, high impact aerobics, or simply exercises of their own making (like the character pictured above). But one real treat that I got to witness was a "laughing yoga" class in Hanoi. The men and women who start their day practicing belly laughs and twittering giggles, all while moving, stretching and breathing, really brought joy to my heart and got my day started with a smile as well. It was infectious. Silly or not, I think they're on to something. I welcome the day our parks are filled at 6:00 a.m. with dancing, laughing, exercising people.




Laughing Yoga:







No comments:

Post a Comment