Saturday, February 2, 2013

Cao Dai Holy See


I had the chance to visit the weird and oh-so-wonderful Tay Ninh Holy See, a temple where the young doctrine of Cao Dai is practiced. The religion got its start in 1926 in the southern Vietnam city of Tay Ninh, and its teachings are now becoming more widespread. It's a complicated religion (see Wikipedia for a far better explanation than I could provide), but basically, it follows the wisdom of Buddhas, Sages and Saints, incorporating lessons from a host of other beliefs, including Confucianism, Christianity, Buddhism, and more. I was there to witness one of there noon ceremonies, and what a sight it was to behold. The temple itself is colorful and crazy, but the solemnity of the service, with dozens upon dozens of monks and nuns participating, was beyond interesting. I actually really love all of my photos from the Holy See and the service, so apologies for the poor editing job. Sue me. :) 






































No comments:

Post a Comment