Saturday, February 2, 2013

Markets


So all of that farming and fishing has to lead to some really great products, right? Right. If you've read any of my other travel blogs, or seen my photos from around the world, you know that I have an obsession with fresh markets. If you're not aware, I'll tell you right now: I have an obsession with fresh markets. I love the colors, the variety, the characters - all the sights, and yes, even all the smells. They are a place to connect with real people as they really live; see what they eat, how they shop. Supermarkets have started to appear in Vietnam, but the old school markets - with the butchered chickens sharing display space with the fresh cilantro - are still very much the norm in cities and villages alike. I love love love them. So, again, sorry for the lack of editing, but c'mon - this is my thing!









































































No comments:

Post a Comment